Thursday, June 7, 2007

Die Phil Die


Please join the movement to will the death of Phil Leotardo this weekend. I am so depressed by the ending of the Sopranos that I am considering cancelling my subscription to HBO.
Why would the entertainment gods do this to us? I know somewhere there are people with exciting lives and wonderful charming family members and interesting works of art and delightful books and marvelous wines and meals, blah blah blah. But not here, not in my house, not in my world. There is just me, Scrappy, Corbs -- living for the Sopranos.
And I am borderline strange, Scrappy is a dog and Corby barely grunts at me when he encounters me in the house. So why would they take away the Sopranos? My life is now officially an empty vessel for storing evil thoughts.
I may never forgive HBO. I was loyal to Tony even when the shows were disjointed and not exciting. Even when they had gratuitous (and totally unnecessary female nudity) I hung in there and paid my bill. I kept the stupid service for years (when I didn't even turn on channel 400), they cancelled Carnivale, then Six Feet Under (gulp) and now the Sopranos is going away. Is there no justice?
Why me? Why not cancel some loser shows? Shows like SuperNanny or cartoons or anything else? Except maybe Antiques Roadshow (my secret show that no one knows I watch).
Help me. I am spiraling out of control. Monday morning -- I am calling the cable company and cancelling HBO.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're back! The true T is showing through in your writing again AND you have good taste in television viewing....

The Third T - Virtual Mom said...

Yes. I may be back but I am trying really hard to control myself and my wicked comments.

This is a tough one -- losing Tony and Carmella. And did you see what they did to my beloved Sil?

I can only hope the end of Pauly the perv is near. Although I will miss his stunning hair.

Anonymous said...

After 10 years we get that ending last night?

Damaged Goods said...

It seems like the end of the world now but a new show will arrive in time.

Keep hope alive!