Monday, June 18, 2007

I Admit a Deep Dark Secret

Okay, this is a really, really big secret. However I suspect there are those who know, possibly my boss Ken and Robes Pierre (keeper of all knowledge about The Third T). I love opera. As an authentic, undereducated, backwoods, fresh off the turnip truck, country hayseed, I know nothing about it but I love it. Especially Italian opera. In my next life I hope to be cultured, urban, suave, etc. and know about these kinds of things. However, here and now, in this life, if I hear it sometimes it makes my stomach turn over and my heart really heavy in my chest. I have watched the semi-finals of Paul Potts singing on Britain's Got Talent over and over. I cry every time. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDB9zwlXrB8. If you click on it, please fast forward over those bozos talking and get to the good part where he sings. Turn your speakers up and if you are afraid of being embarrassed by being caught -- do it anyway. It is like looking at something really beautiful -- maybe a great sunset or baby birds. Or reading something you can relate to. He is just an average person with an incredible talent.


Now that you know one of my secrets, feel free to make fun of me. Everyone else does. Especially Loraina and Mr. Aardvarck.


Speaking of which, let me take this opportunity to thank our two summer interns, Andrew Aardvark and his little assistant, Loraina (with the large office and picture in The State Journal) for putting dead roaches in my office. I actually took those two to lunch earlier this month. I have also bragged to the other employees about what great interns they are and how successful they are going to be when they get out of school and blah, blah, blah.


I stand corrected, after last Friday's incidents, I think they are both geniuses and the next big things. They have even topped some of the tricks I have played on them. Watch out WVU and Marshall, I have taught them everything I know (miniscule amount of knowledge) and they have learned a lot from Vickie, Heather, Benjamin Bunny, Little Darla, Margaret, Crystal Lite and the Incredible Shrinking Laura. Summer interns -- you rock!!!


That's all for now and if you don't like the opera or my post -- just remember, you are not being forced to read it (well most of you aren't).

3 comments:

Damaged Goods said...

As a cultural neanderthal, opera has never appealed that much to me. There are some who enjoyed finding me asleep at my computer after watching the opera clip (I may have found a cure for my insomnia!).

I think it is great that you have something that you enjoy that much and thank you for sharing this with your adoring fans. I did not even know you could speak Italian. Impressive!

The Third T - Virtual Mom said...

Hey Robes:

Of course I speak Italian -- don't you know Italians often speak with their hands and you have been on the receiving end of many comments I have made in Italian.

Of course you French think your language is the most romantic, but I find mine much more direct and to the point.

I have just the hand gesture to comment on your opinion of opera. I think you know the one I mean.

Damaged Goods said...

I sure do..

Thanks for the thumbs up!